Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A Menu for Hope II

I am a very fortunate person. I live a very plentiful life, often bordering on gluttony, and my last week of pure debauchery definitely left me feeling like I had to find ways to give back what I can...

Pim of Chez Pim has given me the perfect opportunity to participate in a extremely worthwhile cause to which I can contribute something that means a lot to me - A Menu for Hope. Pim has organized us food bloggers to contribute something to put up on an online raffle. Each raffle ticket is $5 and all of the money raised will go to the earthquake victims in India and Pakistan.

My contribution to the Menu for Hope is a Sushi Making Kit for your home. You can make things like these:

sushi4

...or bigger rolls like these Futomaki:
tamago2

...and make simple treats that shine at any party!
party

I've now made sushi at home enough times where I feel comfortable promising you success with my recipes and my equipment. In the Sushi Kit, you will receive:

1. A shamoji - an indespensible item to mix the vinegar into the rice.
2. Four sushi rolling mats - enough for a home party!
3. A package of nori (seaweed) to get you started.
4. A tube of 'Fresh' wasabi tube, obtained in Japan (rare item!).
5. A CD with recipes and instructions, perhaps even a video!
6. Unlimited access to me when you make sushi with this kit for any questions you might have.

I hope some of you will find these items useful and attractive enough to donate $5 to the Menu for Hope over at FirstGiving, a donation collection site, who will donate the funds to UNICEF.

If the Sushi Kit's not your cup of tea, please stop by Pim's for the Full Menu. There are some amazing stuff up there, including a $200 gift certificate to Manresa and fabulous gift baskets from the Ferry Building Market for those of us in the Bay Area. Numerous cookbooks and gift baskets, as well as meal kits available as well!

3 comments:

e d b m said...

Alice, the first photo is absolutely beautiful.

Pim said...

Thanks so much for you help, Alice. We've raised $5,000 now, can you believe it?

cheers,
Pim

Laurie said...

Hooray! Thanks, Alice! Woo-hoo!