Sunday, October 02, 2005

Still down, way past the count...

Still trying to recover... Sleeping a lot, coughing a lot, and blowing my nose a lot.

This week, DMBLGIT winner announcement will come tomorrow, followed by my super belated IMBB: Vegan post. Then I have a few new vegetable finds, as well as the exciting report from Dim Sum Battle: Hong Kong Flower Lounge vs Dynasty to report. We scored a whole bunch of dishes at HKFL and at Dynasty to see who the King of Dim Sum is in the area. We'll have Round III: Koi Palace Battle coming up soon too, so if you have any must-try dim sum joints that I ought to include, let me know! I've screened out Harbor Village, ABC, and Yank Sing out already, since based on my very personal opinion, they didn't impress me as much as Dynasty and HKFL...

A lot of exciting posts coming up this week, if only I could get better... if only I could keep my eyes open...

I really, really want to write more, but the energy level just isn't were it needs...

I need sam-ge-tan... I might just have pull my lazy butt out of bed and finally make it this week... Saaaaaaam-ge-taaaaaaaaannnnnnn....

3 comments:

Sam said...

Here I am
You've got the Sam part
All you need now are the ge and the tan.
I am sick too :( but not as sick as you. I can't afford not to go to work today, but I would rather stay in bed.

DOn't worry about the posts - we can wait. Just make yourself well, ok!

Sam x

Anonymous said...

In Milbrae just a block from HKFL is Fook Yuen. It isn't as flashy, but on more than one occasion I've found it to be better. Take the Milbrae Ave exit, head West and then take a right on El Camino, then a U turn at the first light.

If you are brave and famished you could do a double header and try them both...

-Jack

Alice said...

Sam,

I noticed how you were so popular with Koreans. Sam Won BBQ, Sam-ge-tan. You're everywhere!

I hope you feel better soon too!!!!

Soycap,

Thanks for the kind words! At least one major deadline passed at work, so I should be able to release some stress and actually sleep at night!

Jack,

Fook Yuen - I'll have to keep that one in mind!!! Thanks so much for the suggestion - I have a feeling we'll be having many dim sum battles, so we'll have to include this one to the growing list!