Last night, Izakaya Alice was in full swing!!
On the menu earlier was a Smoked Turkey, two Nappa Cabbage salads, and the wakame salad. We also served some Five-Grain rice. This was just an ordinary dinner menu, though. It wasn't Izakaya Alice...
...until 12 AM!
Izakaya Alice opened up shop as a Ramen Joint! I made some shoyu (soy sauce) ramen and shio (salt) ramen using the same recipe as before. Unfortunately, I only had lame-o dried ramen noodles, but the soup was creamy and rich without being oily. I was pretty happy with it!
We didn't close shop 'til close to 3 AM. Needless to say, my Sunday morning hiking plans were diverted, but I hadn't had that much fun in a LOOOOOOOOONG time! I laughed so much for the entire evening that my face muscled hurt all day today!
By the way, I don't know if my wakame salad is the same wakame salad that Angeline asked for earlier, but mine is so super simple, I don't even know if it can be really called a recipe...
1. Bring dried-wakame to life by soaking in water, ~5+ min.
2. Blanch pea sprouts and chill in ice water.
3. Slice cucumbers.
4. Arrange wakame, pea sprouts, and cucumbers in a nice glass bowl.
5. Mix ponzu with a touch of sesame oil and ginger; pour over salad.
6. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds.
7. Add tomatoes if you like, and you're done!