Tuesday, February 07, 2006

So much to do, so much to do...

Urgh, life is just too hectic for my taste these days.

I have a whole bunch of little things to take care of - like closing my Citibank account of 13 years (they gave the SAME bank account number as mine to someone else and proceeded to let that person's checks cash from MY account!!!!!), opening a new bank account and transferring all my direct what-nots to the new bank, organizing my aunt and uncle's trip to Lake Tahoe, canceling my February "return" flight to Japan on United (I had to buy round-trip to get a reasonable rate during my Narita crisis), and finishing some experiments for a grant proposal deadline.

Leaves no time for blogging and a very sad ex-food lover. I have had no appetite and little desire to eat lately. Maybe it's a combination of exhaustion and general stress. I have all these great pictures of food from Japan, but I have neither the time nor the energy to even think about food... I've been living on two-second meals created from the scraps in my fridge for about two, three weeks now.

Oh well, maybe when I have a little more time in a few days, I can slowly go through my pictures and find inspiration in the tender, slightly smoky grilled meats at the Japanese-Korean BBQ joint, the big tub of tofu simmered in scrumptious konbu broth with enough umami to soak every pore in the tofu, the kaiseki meal I had alongside (well, sort of... they were in the room next to us!) Japanese royalties of the Miya-ke, and much, much more...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Baby Bear....

Laurie said...

Sorry you're feeling so pooky - I've been feeling the same way. But please don't forget me - my birthday is coming up soon - hint hint!