Sunday, January 08, 2006

In one week!

It's been a whirlwind weekend - Saturday was spent doing errands and recovering from the nasty bug I had all last week. On Sunday (that's today), I was somehow convinced to head to the slopes at Heavenly, South Lake Tahoe, for an 'easy' day of skiing. I was still quite tired, and slept most of the ride sleeping to and from Tahoe. I managed to squeeze a few runs in, and over all, it was worth it to get some fresh air into my system.

I really haven't had a very exciting week, meal-wise, to report of from last week. I've been eating mostly simple home-cooked dishes that can be made in 15-20 min that produce leftovers that pack well for lunches the next day. Spaghetti, cous cous, soups, stews, and porridges - nothing all that worthy of reporting, unfortunately...

BUT, what I will have soon is a week full of delicious notes and photos from my week-long trip to Japan coming up in just a week! I'll be traveling through my hometown in Nagoya, followed by visits to Tokyo, Kanazawa, and Sendai. Crab, fugu (puffer fish), and all sorts of other epicurean delights from the sea are in their prime season right now!

In the mean time, I think I will finally be reporting about my meal at Jai Yun in San Francisco this week. Jai Yun is a reservations-only, prie-fixe-only Chinese restaurant. And this is no fancy-shmancy, fusion-Chinese - this is Chinese food fit for any Lunar New Year celebration! Stay Tuned!

No comments: