Tuesday, June 14, 2005

It's WAR.

No photos today. My heart is beating viciously with hatred, my skin red with anger. I've been trespassed and disrespected. And now, my mind is full of plans and strategies on how to destroy my enemy.

The most vile of enemies - ants.

These dreadful insects have launched an attack on a massive scale. I'm considering full-on genocide as retaliation.

I'm a cleanliness-freak, and having outdoor creatures wandering around in my holy kitchen is so terribly disturbing - so disturbing that I would consider spraying Raid all over the place. Yes, the irony. In an attempt to get insects out of my kitchen, I'm almost willing to spray poison. But almost is the key word here. Almost.

I'm considering my options and plotting my revenge carefully. I think a whole lot of bleach and slow death are in order. They messed with the wrong gal.

OK, it's time for me to take action. God speed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try some of the ant chalk you can get in the Asian markets; it's usually kept behind the counter. Draw a line in the ants' path and they'll head for the hills. It's amazing stuff, but not if you have free-running pets or small children.

Uchipu said...

There is a non-poisonous fungus based insecticide...

Anonymous said...

Try using Terro ant bait. It is just borax in a sticky syrup. Ants come eat it then take it back to their queen and larvae. After a short time they ALL die. That is the key, otherwise they just regroup and attack again.

It is non-toxic to humans and pets.

The only bad part is that it takes a few days to work completely. When you put out the bait the ants swarm all over it but generally leave other things alone. I didn't think it would work to well at first, but now I think it is great.

I even tried to make some myself, but it didn't have the right consistency.

Alice said...

Thanks so much for all your helpful tips, everyone!!!

I have to confess. I RAIDed. It was controlled and I cleaned it up really well after wards...

I think I've just bought myself enough time to arm myself better with all your tips.

May the War be over soon...