Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Too much information...?

You won't believe where I am writing. And I don't know if I should tell you. I'll give you a hint and let you figure it out... I'm sitting here because of my very fiber rich dinner from TWO nights ago:

curry2

I made this curry with as much fiber as I could possibly pack, and boy, did it work well! It's a Japanese-style curry that uses a pre-made roux that I buy at the local Japanese grocery store. I basically dump all the fiber rich vegetables I can think of and potatoes in a pot with some meat, cook it in some broth with cardamon, cinnamon, cumin, paprika, and any other spice that strikes my fancy until all the veggies are tender, then add the roux at the very end. I serve it over rice, and this time, I used brown jasmine rice. So simple, so tasty, so functional.

According to the House Foods website, the Japanese were first introduced to curry by Indian workers abroad French ships in 1860, just when the Yokohama Port opened up for business. Then, in 1872, the first curry recipe was published, shortly after meat consumption was allwoed in the country. And they've been making this super-fusion dish ever since! Japanese curry looks and tastes nothing like the authentic Indian curry anymore, but it is so very good that it is consistently ranked in the top 10 favorite dishes in elementary schools all across the country.

Well, I'm done with my business, so I better get going!

No comments: